|Mon 1:00 PM
|Mon 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Welcome to the CDFA Virtual National Summit!
The CDFA Virtual National Summit is five days of learning, reflection, and conversation about the financing solutions our economy needs. Throughout 2021, CDFA has focused on four key concepts: Restore, Preserve, Invest, and Protect. These themes formed the basis of our policy agenda, Development Finance Solutions for Building Back Better, and they will guide our discussions this week. To kick us off, CDFA leadership will share their opening remarks.
- Darla Garrett, Director, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Steve Johnson, Director, Community Development, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority
- Toby Rittner, President & CEO, Council of Development Finance Agencies
|Mon 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Restoring Local Economies Through Development Finance
What have we experienced since we gathered together last November for the CDFA Virtual National Summit? It’s been quite a year. Many of us have seen more capital and more opportunity flow to our communities than ever before, yet the distress in our economies is still felt by many neighborhoods, businesses, and residents. Innovative development finance solutions are needed, and we have a once in a lifetime chance at building evergreen funds that last for generations. How do we do it? Let’s dig in and get to work.
|Mon 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM
|Mon 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
How the American Rescue Plan is Restoring Local Economies
This year began with the ushering in of the Biden-Harris Administration and a new Congress, and with that, one of the largest investments in recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan (ARPA) included several key programs that are important to the development finance industry. This session will explore how ARPA programs like State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds and the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) are providing capital to support small businesses, housing, and infrastructure.
- Farah Ahmad, Chief of Staff for Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Craig Buerstatte, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Regional Affairs, U.S. Economic Development Administration
- Christiana McFarland, Research Director, National League of Cities
- Adair Morse, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Capital Access, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Todd Richardson, General Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Development and Research, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Troy Vosseller, Co-Founder, gener8tor