Summer Membership Drive!
The Council of Development Finance Agencies is proud to announce our Summer Membership Drive
, happening July 1 through August 12, 2021! CDFA membership enhances the development finance community through education, resources, research, advocacy and networking.
A complimentary registration to CDFA's National Development Finance Summit
and a Pre-Summit training course for you and your recruiter if your organization becomes a new member by August 12.
Members save $150 on every CDFA Virtual Summer School
All members can participate in CDFA's Member-only SSBCI Coalition
Learn More about CDFA Membership
-What Our Members Are Saying
Check out what our current members recently said about their CDFA Membership:
- Bob Isaacson from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development:
“CDFA membership is a must for my organization – there isn't a week goes by that we don't utilize membership benefits whether the online information, the newsletters, or a conversation with their experts. Moreover, CDFA research, trainings, and support are essential for any development organization looking to stay ahead of the latest trend. CDFA’s most recent work on the COVID-19 issue highlights their quick-hitting and timely information.”
- James Hamill from the California Statewide Communities Development Authority:
“For over 20 years CDFA has always been a valuable resource for CSCDA. In these challenging times the tools that CDFA has provided and will continue to provide will be more valuable than ever.”
- Johanna Nelson from the New Mexico Economic Development Department:
“Having access to such an incredible network and resources gives us the tools, support, and inspiration we need to come up with solutions to get things done. Plus, the CDFA team legitimately cares about helping and empowering you—they want to see your organization successfully deploy development finance tools and strategies to create positive impact in your local economy.”
- Aryn Schounce from the City of Indianapolis:
“We are so grateful to have CDFA resources at the fingertips of our staff while we are telecommuting. It is truly a gift!”
- Tiffany McClelland from the Lorain Port Authority:
“CDFA is a vital resource for us. Their guidance on our strategic plan to establish ourselves as a better development finance agency has placed us on the right path to make capital more accessible in our community.”
-Recognition and Prizes
- One lucky new member and their recruiter will be randomly selected to win complimentary registrations to CDFA's National Development Finance Summit being held November 3-5 in Denver, CO and receive a complimentary Pre-Summit Training Course.
- The winners will be announced in the Development Finance Review Weekly, CDFA's weekly newsletter with over 30,000 subscribers!.
- National spotlight feature on CDFA website for contest winner and their recruiter.
-Meet Our Newest Members
- Arizona Commerce Authority
- City of Dania Beach, FL.
- 929 Strategies
- County of Monterey
- California Statewide CDC
- County of Cuyahoga, OH
- Utica Industrial Development Agency
- Community Redevelopment Agency
- Great Lakes Women's Business Council
-Sample CDFA Member Recruitment Materials
- Sample Email or LinkedIn Message
I wanted to send you a quick note because I’m a member of the Council of Development Finance Agencies, but didn’t see your organization’s name on their membership roster.
I thought of you because CDFA membership is made up of organizations just like yours. They’re people who are passionate about development tools, learning about federal economic development opportunities and who want to take their work to the next level.
Being a member of CDFA has been a valuable experience because they provide me and my entire staff with the most accurate and up-to-date information available about development finance. I often utilize their Member-Only Resource Centers, one of which is on Opportunity Zones which contains more than 200 articles, links to the Rules and Regulations and even provides the official treasury designation for each state. It sure beats googling and gets new employees up and running quickly.
As a member, we receive exclusive discounts to educational opportunities, member-only access to CDFA’s online resources including the Federal Financing Clearing House and the Online Resource Database - the only online database dedicated exclusively to development finance which includes thousands of articles, publications, case studies, ideas and inspirations and so much more.
I’d be happy to chat with you about how to best utilize CDFA’s membership benefits. Please let me know if you are interested or you can join online! If you do please mention my name in the “How Did You Hear About CDFA?” box on the registration form.
All the Best,
- Sample Tweets
1. It’s Summer Drive Time!! I’m a CDFA Member and I’d love for you to be too! CDFA Members have access to the most accurate and up-to-date information available about development finance. Join today!
2. I would like to invite you to join CDFA. CDFA is the voice of development finance on Capitol Hill. CDFA produces a policy agendy and works with legislators to advance important initiatives. Join today!
Send us your story! We are looking for CDFA's biggest fans.
- All new members must include Summer Drive! in the tex box on the Member Registration Form to be eligible to receive prizes.
- You must be an "active" CDFA member to be recognized as a recruiter and receive prizes.
- Recruiters will receive (1) entry into the prize drawing for each new member you recruit from July 1 to August 12, 2021.
- New Members must put recruiters name in the “How did you hear about CDFA?” text box on the new member registration form at the time of registration form.
Throughout the membership drive and all of 2021 we are selecting members to highlight and tell their CDFA membership story. Please share with us what CDFA means to you. Text and photos a encouraged. We want to hear from you. Please send in your testimonial to email@example.com