The Intro Brownfields Finance Course is the industry’s only comprehensive training curriculum that helps economic developers, policy makers and real estate professionals understand and master the financing strategies for the lifecycle of a brownfield property. During this course, attendees will walk through the entire brownfields redevelopment process from understanding the basics of brownfields and legal and regulatory challenges to unearthing the myriad financing tools available to both clean-up and build-up these contaminated or polluted sites.
Brownfields pose both perceived and real threats to the health, safety and economic future of many communities. These sites often come with lingering legal, regulatory and site control challenges on top of the underlying environmental hurdles and can become major roadblocks to economic development. Economic developers, policy makers and real estate professional from all sizes of communities are encouraged to attend to explore the financing tools available to projects as small as a gas station clean-up to larger adaptive reuse case studies of major legacy site contamination sites.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
|By attending, you will:
- Understand the basics of brownfields
- Learn the history of contamination, brownfields development and redevelopment, and the clean-up movement
- Examine the legal and regulatory landscape
- Discuss barriers to clean-up, including financial, environmental, planning, site control, liability, etc.
- Discover essential financing sources for clean-up and redevelopment, including tax credits, TIF, bonds, RLFs, and more
- Evaluate the potential financing tools available and why they may or may not work
- Consider build out strategies that incorporate image, community buy-in, developers, and land control
- Discuss case studies from urban, suburban, rural, adaptive reuse, creative reuse, and historic developments
||You will learn through:
- Real life case studies
- Presentations from industry experts
|Topics covered include:
- Definitions, descriptions and terms in brownfield redevelopment
- The basics and history of brownfield clean-up
- Environmental, legal and regulatory barriers to clean-up and redevelopment
- Clean-up financing programs, tools, resources and mechanism
- Post clean-up financing methods, tools, programs and partnerships
- Addressing misperceptions and image challenges
- Layered financing models
- Case studies – urban, suburban, rural, legacy, adaptive reuse and public-private partnerships
||Who should attend?
- Bond issuers
- Economic development professionals
- Community development professionals
- Elected officials
- Government and nonprofit finance officers
- Corporate trustees
- Legal counsel
- Commercial bankers
- Financial advisors
- Policy makers
The agenda for the Intro Brownfields Finance Course will be announced soon.
The Intro Brownfields Finance Course will take place during the 2015 National Development Finance Summit. This will be held at the The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel located in the heart of downtown Charleston, SC.
The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel
115 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401
CDFA has arranged a significantly reduced room rate of $194.00 (plus tax and service fees) per night for a standard room (single or double occupancy). Hotel rooms are available from November 2-7 at the reduced rate if reservations are made before October 8. This rate is not guaranteed if reservations are made after the cut-off date or if the hotel is sold-out. Please reserve your room early.
>>>Reserve Hotel Rooms Online
The Intro Brownfields Finance Course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
Register before September 4, 2015 for Early-Bird Rates.
|Early-Bird Registration||Standard Registration|