The Intro Food Systems Finance WebCourse examines the development finance programs that sustain a local food system and how investments in that system can drive economic development on a broader scale. Topics covered include federal, state, and local sources of capital, stakeholders involved in the financing process, and case study examples that showcase the variety of financing programs.
This course will explore how bonds, tax credits, loan programs, foundation grants, and other financing tools can be used to support a local food system and encourage follow-on investment, small business development, and sustainable growth. In particular, this course will address the financing challenges associated with growing, processing, distributing, marketing, and selling food.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
- Discover how a local food system operates, including distribution, supply chain, and partners involved
- Learn how local communities are financing farmers, grocers, restaurateurs, food artisans, and other food-related businesses
- Hear about financing strategies to address food deserts, incubators, and co-ops
- Understand the variety of sources of capital available to support a food system, including federal, state, and local programs
- Gain a greater understanding of bond, tax credit, loan fund, and grant programs that can support a food system
- Discuss innovative financing approaches being employed by communities across the country
- Understanding the local food system
- Identifying partners and stakeholders in the food system
- Sources of capital to support food-related businesses
- Federal, state, and local financing programs
- Foundation, non-profit, and community-based financing programs
- Innovative financing approaches
Who Should Attend?
- Economic Development Professionals
- Community Development Professionals
- Government and Nonprofit Finance Officers
- Development Finance Agencies and Issuers
- Financial Advisors
- Elected Officials
- Policy Makers
Council of Development Finance Agencies
Senior Strategic Advisor
Mark Barbash is Senior Strategic Advisor for the Council of Development Finance Agencies, the national association representing nation’s leading and most knowledgeable members of the development finance community. With over 30 years of economic... (More)
The agenda for this course has not yet been announced. Please check back soon for all agenda updates.
The Intro Food Systems Finance WebCourse will take place on the web through GoToWebinar, an online distance learning software. The course will meet each day on June 7- 8, 2017 from 12:00-5:00 pm (Eastern). You must have access to a computer and phone to attend the WebCourse.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program
. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
CDFA permits only one person to login and participate in the course. If multiple people are accessing the course without paying to attend, we will terminate your connection and access to GoToWebinar. CDFA offers group discounts for organizations that wish to register multiple people.
Register before May 19, 2017 for Early-Bird Rates.
CDFA Member: $550
CDFA Member: $600