CDFA's Advanced Tax Increment Finance Course builds upon CDFA's Intro TIF Course by focusing more concretely on structuring the deal and developing short- and long-term policies. You will also learn about performance monitoring, feasibility analysis and using TIF in conjunction with other development finance tools.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
2017 National Development Finance Summit
This year, the Advanced Tax Increment Finance Course will be held in conjunction with the 2017 CDFA National Development Finance Summit which will take place in Atlanta, Georgia. The CDFA National Summit brings together the leaders and dealmakers in the development finance industry to discuss best practices, trends, and project financing solutions.
The CDFA National Summit is a dealmaking event at its core with a program built to encourage networking and individualized learning about all types of development finance tools and programs. At the CDFA National Summit, you will meet industry experts, connect with financing, learn about the latest approaches, and discover development finance solutions to bring to your local community.
- Gain a greater understanding of the complexity of TIF projects
- Break down and evaluate complex TIF concepts and project pro-formas
- Review common components of model state TIF statutes
- Examine critical TIF public policy elements for ensuring maximum program success
- Understand the typical challenges faced when managing and monitoring active TIF districts
- Discuss your TIF projects with industry experts
- Receive a copy of CDFA's Advanced Tax Increment Finance Reference Guide
- Model Policies, Guidelines & Procedures
- Understanding Your TIF Statute
- TIF Process From A to Z
- Assessing Project Feasibility
- Performance Monitoring
- Managing Active TIF Districts
- Maximizing TIF By Combining Tools
Who Should Attend?
- Bond issuers
- Economic development professionals
- Community development professionals
- Broker, dealers and underwriters
- Elected officials
- Government and nonprofit finance officers
- Corporate trustees
- Legal counsel
- Commercial bankers
Mark Barbash Consulting
With over 30 years of economic development experience, Mark has served at local, state and federal government levels and in the nonprofit and private sector financing sectors focusing on small business, real estate and business development, and... (More)
The agenda for this course has not yet been announced. Please check back frequently to see updated information.
The CDFA National Development Finance Summit will be held at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
overlooking the vibrant streets of Midtown Atlanta. Located on the Georgia Tech campus in Technology Square - the heart of Midtown Atlanta's thriving retail neighborhood - the hotel is only moments from the city's best restaurants, coolest shops and most fascinating attractions.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
800 Spring St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Reserving a Room
CDFA has arranged a significantly reduced room rate of $179.00 (plus tax and service fees) per night for a standard room (single or double occupancy). Hotel rooms are available from November 14 to November 17 at the reduced rate if reservations are made before <b>October 24</b>. This rate is not guaranteed if reservations are made after the cut-off date or if the hotel is sold-out. Please reserve your room early.
Reserve Your Room Today
The Advanced Tax Increment Finance Course
qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program
. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
Register before September 15, 2017 for Early-Bird Rates.
CDFA Member: $400
CDFA Member: $450