The Intro Rural Finance Training Course focuses on how the development finance toolbox can be structured to support rural communities and help them with strategies to invest in infrastructure, redevelopment, and job creation. This course differs from other curriculums in that it focuses on designing programs targeted to serve rural communities.
Leaders in rural and agricultural development finance will discuss how to develop and establish long-term financing within rural communities. In addition, the course will highlight successful programs that are working throughout the country in communities with varying levels of capacity and size. Topics discussed during the course include targeted financing programs available at the federal, state, and local levels for rural communities, along with best practices for employing these financing programs.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
2017 National Development Finance Summit
This year, the Intro Rural Finance Course will be held in conjunction with the 2017 CDFA National Development Finance Summit which will take place in Atlanta, Georgia. The CDFA National Summit brings together the leaders and dealmakers in the development finance industry to discuss best practices, trends, and project financing solutions.
The CDFA National Summit is a dealmaking event at its core with a program built to encourage networking and individualized learning about all types of development finance tools and programs. At the CDFA National Summit, you will meet industry experts, connect with financing, learn about the latest approaches, and discover development finance solutions to bring to your local community.
- Understand the the financing challenges and opportunities for rural communities
- Examine federal, state, and local financing programs supporting rural communities
- Learn about essential financing sources employed by rural communities, including bonds, TIF, loan programs, grants, and other sources
- Discover solutions for managing risk, building capacity, developing financing partners, and identifying resources
- Consider strategies and best practices for expanding access to capital. rural business development, and infrastructure development and redevelopment
- Discuss case studies from a variety of rural communities with different financing capacities, geographic areas, and population sizes
- Rural financing programs from federal, state, and local sources
- Applying development finance tools for rural projects
- Financing solutions for agriculture, infrastructure, energy, food systems, manufacturers, small businesses, and other rural businesses.
- Identifying local financing partners, including CDCs, CDFIs, MEPs, developers, banks, and service providers
- Understanding risk and long term financing strategies unique to rural communities
- Case studies focused on structuring and layering financing sources together
Who Should Attend?
- Bond Issuers
- Economic Development Professionals
- Community Development Professionals
- Broker/Dealers and Underwriters
- Elected Officials
- Government and Nonprofit Finance Officers
- Financial Advisors
- Policy Makers
Council of Development Finance Agencies
Katie Kramer is Vice President at the Council of Development Finance Agencies and has been with CDFA since 2005. She is an accomplished non-profit executive with expertise in fundraising, grant writing, operations, and building organizational... (More)
The agenda for this course has not yet been announced. Please check back frequently to see updated information.
The CDFA National Development Finance Summit will be held at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
overlooking the vibrant streets of Midtown Atlanta. Located on the Georgia Tech campus in Technology Square - the heart of Midtown Atlanta's thriving retail neighborhood - the hotel is only moments from the city's best restaurants, coolest shops and most fascinating attractions.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
800 Spring St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Reserving a Room
CDFA has arranged a significantly reduced room rate of $179.00 (plus tax and service fees) per night for a standard room (single or double occupancy). Hotel rooms are available from November 14 to November 17 at the reduced rate if reservations are made before <b>October 24</b>. This rate is not guaranteed if reservations are made after the cut-off date or if the hotel is sold-out. Please reserve your room early.
Reserve Your Room Today
The Intro Rural Finance Course
qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program
. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
Register before September 15, 2017 for Early-Bird Rates.
CDFA Member: $550
CDFA Member: $600