Opportunity Zones, a federal economic development tool that provides tax incentives for investments in low income communities, is one of the most exciting and catalytic development finance tools in decades. However, just having an Opportunity Zone in your community may not be enough to draw in investments from Opportunity Funds. Tool utilization is complex, complicated, and requires a deep level of understanding. Those communities and practitioners with the greatest understanding of key strategies and deployment mechanisms will feel the biggest impact from this creative financing program.
The CDFA Intro Opportunity Zones Finance WebCourse will bring together program designers, fund managers, communities, investors, and policy experts to educate and review the most up-to-date thinking and strategies on how to maximize Opportunity Zone designations and how best to attract zone investments. This interactive webcourse will help communities bring all economic development stakeholders to the table, and have a firm understanding of how the development finance toolbox can both encourage and supplement Opportunity Fund investments.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
· Learn the basics of Opportunity Zones
· Understand the many players in the Opportunity Zone industry
· Interact with fund managers and investors
· Discuss best practice principles for Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds
· Learn how to identify funders and how to market zones
· Discuss how Opportunity Zones could fund community revitalization
· Examine best practices
· Create networks and project nexus for potential future investment
· Basics of Opportunity Zones
· Attracting investment
· Engaging stakeholders and the community
· Rural and urban Opportunity Zone approaches
· Opportunity Zone impact investing
· Community, zone, and investment case studies
· When and where Opportunity Funds invest
· Fund managers perspectives on zone investment
· State Opportunity Zone approaches
· Debt financing mechanisms to support fund investment
· Much more
Who Should Attend?
· Economic development professionals
· Community development professionals
· Real estate developers
· Investors and fund managers
· Non-profit leaders
· Elected officials
· Legal counsel
· Policy makers
· Accountants and tax professionals
· Commercial bankers
· Financial advisors
Office Managing Principal
Ira Weinstein serves as Co-Managing Principal of CohnReznick's Baltimore office. He is focused on transaction advisory and finance services for projects utilizing the New Markets Tax Credit, historic rehabilitation tax credit, investment tax credit,... (More)
The Intro Opportunity Zones WebCourse will take place on the web through GoToWebinar, an online distance learning software. The course will meet each day on September 24-25, 2019 from 12:00-5:00 pm (Eastern). You must have access to a computer and phone to attend the WebCourse.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program
. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
CDFA permits only one person to login and participate in the course. If multiple people are accessing the course without paying to attend, we will terminate the connection and access to GoToWebinar. CDFA offers group discounts for organizations that wish to register multiple people.
Register before August 30, 2019 for Early-Bird Rates.
CDFA Member: $550
CDFA Member: $600