Financing infrastructure has become one of the nation’s most pressing concerns. Communities throughout the country are aggressively searching for strategies and solutions for building transportation, energy, water, broadband, and resiliency infrastructure. The development finance toolbox provides a vast array of reliable and affordable capital solutions. From bonds, tax increment financing and tax credits to grants, revolving loan funds, and opportunity zones, the depth of financing solutions are plentiful.
The Intro Infrastructure Finance WebCourse will bring together development finance experts from different infrastructure disciplines to dive into the financing tools being deployed nationwide. This interactive web course will help communities understand the fundamental concepts behind infrastructure projects with a focus on raising capital to achieve local and regional needs. In addition, this web course will explore some of the most cutting-edge structures and approaches being deployed to accelerate new investment in America’s 21st-century infrastructure economy.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program . Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
- Learn the basics of infrastructure projects.
- Understand the many players involved in various infrastructure disciplines.
- Interact with finance experts who are looking for investment opportunities.
- Discuss best practice principles for engaging private sector infrastructure providers.
- Learn how to identify revenues to support debt financing.
- Discuss how new infrastructures help to fund community revitalization
- Examine best practices, case studies, and innovation
- Create networks and project nexus for potential future investment
- Basics of infrastructure financing
- Understanding infrastructure bond financing
- Engaging private sector partners
- Deploying P3 strategies
- Monetizing cost savings
- Gap financing for leveraging private investment
- Engaging stakeholders, partners, and the community
- Attracting investment
- Deploying TIF, tax credits, Opportunity Zones, and revolving loan funds
- Securing federal funding resources
- Evaluating infrastructure projects
- Measuring impact for future new investments
Who Should Attend?
- Bond Issuers
- Economic Development Professionals
- Community Development Professionals
- Broker/Dealers and Underwriters
- Elected Officials
- Government and Nonprofit Finance Officers
- Financial Advisors
- Policy Makers
Council of Development Finance Agencies
President and CEO
Toby Rittner is the President & CEO of Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA), a national association dedicated to the advancement of development finance concerns and interests. CDFA is comprised of the nation’s leading and most... (More)
The Intro Infrastructure Finance WebCourse will take place on the web through GoToWebinar, an online distance learning software. The course will meet each day on September 23-24, 2020 from 12:00-5:00 pm (Eastern). You must have access to a computer and phone to attend the WebCourse.
This course qualifies for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program
. Start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
CDFA permits only one person to login and participate in the course. If multiple people are accessing the course without paying to attend, we will terminate the connection and access to GoToWebinar. CDFA offers group discounts for organizations that wish to register multiple people.
Register before September 4, 2020 for Early-Bird Rates.
CDFA Member: $550
CDFA Member: $600