The Advanced Bond Finance Course is designed for professionals who already have an understanding of tax-exempt financing and seek detailed instruction on complex financing techniques, including the application of financial derivatives, advance refundings, investing bond proceeds and how to spot arbitrage issues. This course is an ideal opportunity to enhance your knowledge and maximize your community's ability to finance economic development using tax-exempt bonds.
All courses at CDFA Virtual Summer School qualify for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Participants may register for one, two, three, or four courses during this two-week-long event. Complete three courses, and you will have fulfilled half of the requirements for the DFCP Program. Join us online, and start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
The schedule for CDFA Virtual Summer School is outlined below. Click on the course name to learn more about the topic and agenda:
CDFA Virtual Summer School: Week 1 Course Schedule
CDFA Virtual Summer School: Week 2 Course Schedule
- Understand trends and forces impacting today's volatile bond market.
- Examine the key principles of interest rate swaps, when to consider them, and the risks and benefits associated with swaps.
- Discover best practices for negotiating professional fees in a bond transaction.
- Learn about investing bond proceeds, how to spot arbitrage issues, calculating yield, advance refundings, and other complex municipal financing techniques.
- Hear from representatives at the IRS and MSRB about current regulatory matters in the bond markets.
- Discuss various forms of credit enhancement and the availability of this form of financing given current market conditions.
- Be able to provide better guidance to customers after hearing expert panelists explain common challenges in bond transactions and how to overcome them.
- IRS and Financial Markets Update
- Interest Rate Swaps
- Arbitrage and Rebate Concepts
- Advanced Refundings
- Credit Enhancement Techniques
- MSRB Rules and Disclosure Requirements
- Investing Bond Proceeds
Who Should Attend?
- Bond Issuers
- Economic Development Professionals
- Community Development Professionals
- Broker/Dealers and Underwriters
- Elected Officials
- Government and Nonprofit Finance Officers
- Corporate Trustees
- Legal Counsel
- Commercial Bankers
Council of Development Finance Agencies
As Vice President of Development Finance with CDFA, Mr. Moses works within all facets of CDFA. His expertise enhances the work in Research and Technical Assistance, including working on CDFA Publications; Government Affairs including participating... (More)
This course will be offered at CDFA Virtual Summer School, a 2- week long series of courses presented by the CDFA Training Institute. Participants may register for one, two, three, or four courses during CDFA Virtual Summer School.
Scholarships are available to attend this event. Learn more about the CDFA Scholarship Program
and submit your application today.
When you register for four courses during CDFA Summer School, you will receive a $100 discount off the total registration fee.
Click the Register button to view the total fees and discounts available for CDFA Virtual Summer School.
CDFA Member: $300