The Intro Public-Private Partnership (P3) Finance Course examines this emerging development finance model with a focus on how development finance agencies can adopt P3 principles to address a variety of projects. This course covers basic P3 concepts, key players involved in transactions, asset valuation, contract negotiation, risk assessment, revenue stream development, and feasibility analysis. In addition, several P3 projects from across the country will be presented, and P3 experts will analyze the successful elements in each deal.
Interest in P3 financing is growing as state and local governments face tough budget decisions along with declining federal investment in infrastructure. Several state and local agencies have used P3 to finance real estate developments, schools, parking garages, public transit, affordable housing, water facilities, and more. During the Intro P3 Finance Course, industry experts discuss the common characteristics and drivers of P3 financing's throughout the country and explain the various structures of these deals.
All courses at CDFA Virtual Summer School qualify for the CDFA Training Institute's Development Finance Certified Professional (DFCP) Program. Participants may register for one, two, three, or four courses during this two-week-long event. Complete three courses, and you will have fulfilled half of the requirements for the DFCP Program. Join us online, and start down the road to personal and professional advancement today.
The schedule for CDFA Virtual Summer School is outlined below. Click on the course name to learn more about the topic and agenda:
CDFA Virtual Summer School: Week 1 Course Schedule
CDFA Virtual Summer School: Week 2 Course Schedule
- Learn the fundamental concepts of P3 transactions and the partners involved
- Examine the common characteristics of P3 projects
- Gain a greater understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment for P3s
- Learn about the various debt and equity structures in P3 deals
- Develop contract negotiation and risk management skills
- Review best practices and case studies that can be implemented in your community
- Hear about unique P3 models and creative uses of this tool
- Basics of public-private partnerships
- Key players involved in a P3 deal
- Market, feasibility, and financial analyses
- Asset monetization and availability payments
- Asset valuation and revenue stream development
- Contract negotiation and typical terms of a P3 agreement
- Bankability, construction, and performance risks
Who Should Attend?
- Bond Issuers
- Economic Development Professionals
- Community Development Professionals
- P3 Practitioners
- Broker/Dealers and Underwriters
- Elected Officials
- Government and Nonprofit Finance Officers
- Financial Advisors
Council of Development Finance Agencies
Katie Kramer is a Vice President at the Council of Development Finance Agencies and has been with CDFA since 2005. She is an accomplished non-profit executive with expertise in fundraising, grant writing, operations, and building organizational... (More)
This course will be offered at CDFA Virtual Summer School, a 2- week long series of courses presented by the CDFA Training Institute. Participants may register for one, two, three, or four courses during CDFA Virtual Summer School.
Scholarships are available to attend this event. Learn more about the CDFA Scholarship Program
and submit your application today.
When you register for four courses during CDFA Summer School, you will receive a $100 discount off the total registration fee.
Click the Register button to view the total fees and discounts available for CDFA Virtual Summer School.
CDFA Member: $300