Join us for the CDFA National Development Finance Summit in Atlanta, Georgia! Save the date for this exciting event. More information about the agenda, session topics, and speakers will be posted soon. Check back regularly for more information or contact CDFA
to get involved.
Call for Presentations
Once again, the CDFA National Summit will be a forward-thinking event, focused on the current wave of cutting-edge deals, projects and programs in development finance. In 2017, the theme will focus on leveraging private-sector capital using a public-sector financing approach
. The CDFA National Summit will explore deals, projects and programs that expand private-sector capital investment.
CDFA needs your help to source deals, projects and programs. Through May, CDFA will be accepting submissions for potential deals, projects and program presentations. Submissions must fit into at least one of the following broad categories:
- Manufacturing - Bonds, Direct Lending, Tax Credits
- Environment - Water, Clean Energy, EE/RE, PACE, Resiliency, Brownfields
- Infrastructure - Transportation, Parking, Transit, Ports
- Arts & Culture - 501(c)3, Tourism, Creative Industries, Historic
- Revitalization - Tax Increment, Tax Credits, Bonds, Credit Enhancement
- Health & Higher Education - Hospitals, Clinics, Assisted Living, University, Charter School
- Food & Agriculture - Food Systems, Farming, Scarcity
- Access to Capital - Crowdfunding, Small/Minority/Women Owned Business, Seed & Venture
CDFA is looking for diversity in the deals, projects and programs that present. Submissions must be focused on leveraging private-sector capital using a public-sector financing approach. CDFA will place an emphasis on bonds, tax increment, tax credits, access to capital funds, special assessment and early stage capital. Deals, projects or programs that include multiple funding sources are highly encouraged. Complex and innovative uses of financing to solve private sector market challenges is critical.
Submission deadline is May 12, 2017. Please read the requirements before submitting .
Please note the following important session considerations prior to submitting:
- Each speaker will be given one complimentary registration to attend the CDFA National Summit. This complimentary registration covers all CDFA National Summit events from November 15-17. It does not cover pre-Summit workshops and/or trainings. No other compensation (travel/hotel) is provided.
- Session may be selected to present twice during the CDFA National Summit. Speakers/panelists should expect to be at the event for entire duration.
- CDFA encourages a “low-tech” approach to sessions. Speakers can use PowerPoint presentations but they are not required. Innovative session approaches are highly encouraged.
- A moderator will be assigned by CDFA to assist with coordination and facilitating.
- CDFA may combine similar submissions together to form comprehensive sessions. Submissions should expect to be part of a group presentation.
- CDFA highly encourages private and public sector partners to collaborate on submissions. Collaborative sessions will be given greater consideration
Please pay close attention to the following submission requirements. Submissions that fail to provide the necessary information will not be accepted. Those interested in submitting should provide the following information:
- A short two-three paragraph overview of the deal, project or program. Provide as much detail on the type of tool(s) used in the financing and explain how this deal, project or program leverages private sector capital using a public-sector financing approach.
- Complete contact information for the session organizer and the names and complete contact information of those willing to speak. It will be the responsibility of those submitting to secure speaker commitments. Do not send suggested speakers. Speakers should be confirmed prior to submission. CDFA recommends no more than three panelists per submission. Single speaker submissions are welcomed as well.
- All submissions should be completed via the submission form by May 12, 2017.
By early July, CDFA will make selections and notify presenters. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact Pete Mathews at 614-705-1300 or email@example.com
The CDFA National Development Finance Summit will be held at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
, overlooking the vibrant streets of Midtown Atlanta. Located on the Georgia Tech campus in Technology Square - the heart of Midtown Atlanta's thriving retail neighborhood - the hotel is only moments from the city's best restaurants, coolest shops and most fascinating attractions.
Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
800 Spring St. NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Reserving a Room
CDFA has arranged a significantly reduced room rate of $179.00 (plus tax and service fees) per night for a standard room (single or double occupancy). Hotel rooms are available from November 14 to November 17 at the reduced rate if reservations are made before October 24
. This rate is not guaranteed if reservations are made after the cut-off date or if the hotel is sold-out. Please reserve your room early.
Reserve Your Room Today
History of the National Summit
To learn more about the National Summit, view the presentations from CDFA's most recent gatherings:
- 2015 National Summit in Charleston, SC
- 2014 National Summit in Scottsdale, AZ
- 2013 National Summit in Washington, DC
- 2012 National Summit in Washington, DC
- 2011 Annual Summit in Boston, MA
- 2010 Annual Summit in Portland, OR
- 2009 Annual Summit in Pittsburgh, PA
- 2008 Annual Summit in St. Louis, MO
- 2007 Annual Summit in Miami, FL
- 2006 Annual Summit in Austin, TX
Interested in sponsoring the CDFA National Development Finance Summit? To learn more, contact CDFA